Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a look at HAG models and noticed that they are about x2 the price of their competitors, not having seen them in the flesh i was wondering are they worth the "extra" or is it just that labour/costs are more expensive in Switzerland? thanks in advance

·
Registered
182 Posts
Seriously, yes they are worth the money. I don't currently own one, but have picked them up and seen them in action. The majority of my continental models are Marklin 3 Rail, Marklin have mostly cast metal locos, but Hag locos are also all metal, and seem to weigh about twice as much as the Marklin equivalent. They do items in both 2 rail and 3 rail digital and analogue.

Their models are generally regarded as more accurate and to scale than, for example, Marklin. I certainly have some on my radar for when we win the lottery tomorrow night, sorry folks, but it is my turn this week, but then I will stop playing!

Ashley

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (simonj @ 16 Feb 2008, 00:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i was wondering are they worth the "extra"

Yes.

I know of a store in Germany where you can get engines like the one in the picture above at around EUR 220, if that helps to take the sting out of the price tag. English spoken, shipping to the UK is no problem. Ask for Modellbahn Schumann in Eppelheim.

You may have to lubricate them a bit, as these are older stock, but they are every bit as good as any other Hag engine.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, my only concern was that on some of the photos I'd seen, some had visible wires/screws through the engine bay windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts