Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
After visiting my local shop the man there informed me Oxford diecast have plans to produce 'N' gauge vechiles after seeing the 1:76 / OO examples in his cabinet for the money they are very good value, has anyone heard anything about this as it is time some decent vechiles where produced for N gauge apart from American items.
The odd little standard Vanguard could find many a home surely.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just read this on Sherwood Models Online.
"Oxford Diecasts have announced the release of their popular model railway road vehicle range in N Gauge (1:148 scale). Releases will take place from late October onwards and will feature many classic road vehicles including the Bedford OB Bus, Routemaster Bus, FX4 Taxi, Morris 1000 Van, Morris Traveller, Humber Super Snipe, Jowett Javelin and Ford Anglia 105. Demand is expected to be very high as these are the first true N Gauge British road vehicles. Orders can be placed on our shopping site in advance. Your payment card will not be charged until the goods are available for dispatch."
http://www.sherwoodmodels.co.uk/osc/

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 2 Sep 2008, 14:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just read this on Sherwood Models Online.
"Oxford Diecasts have announced the release of their popular model railway road vehicle range in N Gauge (1:148 scale). Releases will take place from late October onwards and will feature many classic road vehicles including the Bedford OB Bus, Routemaster Bus, FX4 Taxi, Morris 1000 Van, Morris Traveller, Humber Super Snipe, Jowett Javelin and Ford Anglia 105. Demand is expected to be very high as these are the first true N Gauge British road vehicles. Orders can be placed on our shopping site in advance. Your payment card will not be charged until the goods are available for dispatch."
http://www.sherwoodmodels.co.uk/osc/

Excellent news Poliss thanks for the link, i will be placing an advanced order for sure as if they are like the OO items the quality will be spot on

(no pun intended ) lol

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
WARNING THIS POST IS HUMOUROUS...........

QUOTE (upnick @ 2 Sep 2008, 21:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if they are like the OO items the quality will be spot on

(no pun intended )

Spot-on would surely have been a little large for OO......(1/42)

regards

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (upnick @ 28 Aug 2008, 03:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi All,
After visiting my local shop the man there informed me Oxford diecast have plans to produce 'N' gauge vehicles

**Wonder why they'd want the wheels of all their models 9mm apart???

Sorry
Its one of my pet niggles - Its a common habit to use gauge and scale indiscriminately, definately confused by UK's perverse approach to common scale/gauge relationships, but all items other than rolling stock and track are to a specific scale, not a gauge!!!

(Mind you, a vanguard was about 5'9" wide overall so its wheels WOULD be pretty cose to 9mm apart in 1: 148 scale)

Richard

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 3 Sep 2008, 13:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>WARNING THIS POST IS HUMOUROUS...........

Spot-on would surely have been a little large for OO......(1/42)

regards

BRITHO,

Please dont start me off on my other liking for diecast vechiles

My collection of dinky and corgi Bedford CA vans are still awaiting repaints in their original schemes as issued

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (upnick @ 3 Sep 2008, 23:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Please dont start me off on my other liking for diecast vechiles

Alright then I won't - mind you I do a bit of that sort of hobbying myself (mainly buses, but a few cars and light commercials as well!)

Regards

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
This is indeed excellent news as the currently available vehicles from such as Fleetline are decidedly 'naff'.

I too will be placing an advance order for as many as I can find to fit my era.

Thanks for the link poliss.

Expat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
have seen the farish vehicles! er' well'( think i will stick with the diecast (oxford) of course' as with the rm BUSES the rts are on the list this year and any chance of tk lories bedford vans cortinas capris etc...MAYBE IM BEING GREEDY
regards.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
The Farish range is expanding and filling the void pretty well, it can only get better for Ngaugers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts