Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
My experience is that Fleischmann locos are great runners but Minitrix win out on detail as long as you don't mind the motor in the cab. As far as cars I prefer Minitrix, Fleischmann, and Arnold in that order. Yes I heard that as well. This is the latest generation of the Rheingold cars but not mine I'm afraid. Hey I can barely afford one example of each, it just happened that I love the Rheingold cars.

BTW,

I just got back from 10 days in China.

You have to understand that Arnold's examples are earlier generation. All these companies keep getting better and better. I would not buy an Arnold locomotive if there was a Fleischmann or Minitrix model available no matter how cheap it was. After a while you'll stop patting yourself on the back and wondering why that model doesn't run as well as your other stuff. It's a lot harder to retrofit in N Scale.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I took a look at my Rheingold cars and I was mistaken. I actually heve two versions of Arnold and the newest ones have table lamps and are quite nice. I also just lost out an an eBay lot of the same.
I sure hope they re-issue this set and a selection of old coaches that I have that are creame and red which are my favorite coaches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.