·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
Very useful Doug I shall be using some of the techniques detailed

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (alastairq @ 11 Aug 2007, 22:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's me...full of unanswered questions

Unwanted, unanswered, or just plain awkward
BUT having said that I feel that you have made a llot of very valid observations (although the thought of modelling doggy doos in OO/HO beggars belief).

Oh and you forgot four miles of coned of carriageway with no apparent repair activity happening)

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (alastairq @ 13 Aug 2007, 18:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>However, you DO hilight the prototype -for - everything bit.....how many model roadworks does one find that are [a] too short, and a hive of activity?

On St. Laurent we have a road at the front of the layout which runs for the entire length of that board (4 ft) from the level crossing to the road tunnel. This road is modelled as resurfacing works and equates to a real distance of 116 yards. There are nine wehicles and about 12 figures in the modelled scene all of which are appropriate to the work portrayed and positioned to actually look like they are meant to be there. Most of the vehicles are weathered to look the part and there are three stages of the work shown. The purpose of this was to create a scene we had never before seen modelled. A photo of part of this, a tar tanker and Transit plus the road barriers can be seen in the gallery of dbclass50. (I couldn't get the link to work).

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (alastairq @ 14 Aug 2007, 17:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the Faller instant traffic jam would look good too

Ah yes but you would'nt have to buy the roadway system as any assortment of road vehicles not moving would do the trick.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
..............................and by mounting a speaker under the baseboard you could produce the sound of horns.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
And of course if modelling a French layout you could have the hold up as a British meat transporter being beseiged and burnt out by French Farmers. Lots of electrical gubbins could be used and it would be an excuse to buy lots of models of tractorsand trailers..................................

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
and of course the smell of Gauloise drifting across the road..........................

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 18 Aug 2007, 11:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You people and your advanced technology; what's wrong with a nice cave?

David

Nothing!

QUOTE (alastairq @ 18 Aug 2007, 16:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>damp........and no need for filler.....so you have to BUY the stuff SPECIALLY for one's scenery....instead of using up that half empty packet you bought under the ''decorating'' budget?

What's a decorating bodget?

Anyway I'm off to move my tent now.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (alastairq @ 20 Aug 2007, 17:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>money, time and fruitless effort you'd rather spend on model railways?

Could be, could be

regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.