Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
A quick question, for anyone who might know.
Will an Athearn blue box bodyshell fit onto a genesis chassis for the same locomotive?
I have a spare CP Rail blue-box bodyshell, and an option to purchase a genesis locomotive that has a bodyshell of a railroad that isn’t suitable.
Helpful information would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my experience, yes, 'but'.

The 'but' is that you will have to work around any obstacles, including: slight dimensional mismatches, different model design decisions on exterior parts allocation to 'the chassis' or 'the body', different attachment or mounting/contact points, so make your own arrangments to position and retain the body correctly relative to the chassis.

A hand held rotary tool with a side cutter makes this type of job much easier, especially when working inside a plastic body shell to remove a feature such as a moulded reinforcing rib that fouls the motor can, or some similar obstacle.

Of course sometimes it's like changing your jacket, this one off, that one on, all done inside 30 seconds.:cool:
Hi 34C,

Thank you for response. That is probably the best outcome that I expected to achieve. That tells me that it should be doable, without having to undertake a major conversion. Now to see if that locomotive can still be accessed.
thanks again for taking the time to respond to my question.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts