Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having modelled Southern Pacific many years ago I noticed that Athearn had introduced a new SP tunnel motor with revised detailing and the new drive system. When I was visiting Brisse the other week I called in to Austral to have a look at one. Boy have they sure changed this model with see through grills and fans, the correct shape engineers window, sliding windows in the cab, all the roof mounted antenae and a vey quiet drive, blackened N/S wheels with all wheel pickup and pre fitted with plastic kadee copies. This got me straight away and the credit card just made it's own way out of the wallet. The thing that got me the most was that you don't have to change the bulbs over when you fit a DCC decoder. Athearn seems to have fitted 12v bulbs to the light clusters so all you have to do is fit a decoder and not have to worry about changing out the lights. Now for sound..........

Ozzie21

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE This got me straight away and the credit card just made it's own way out of the wallet.

You want to control that credit card Ozzie. It has a mind of it's own.

I would hope most manufacturers would do this and make bulbs suitable for DCC. It's not really dcc ready unless they do.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 8 Jul 2006, 12:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You want to control that credit card Ozzie. It has a mind of it's own.

I would hope most manufacturers would do this and make bulbs suitable for DCC. It's not really dcc ready unless they do.

Yeh that's true. P2K are the worst offenders as you have to change the bulbs in all there models especially the 0-8-0's and 0-6-0's as the bulb is just under the smoke box.
I can't control the credit card Neil as it has a mind of it's own and it did it again with a DJH Peppercorn A2 the other night and there's the Lickney banker but it's licky I'm a t work so all it can do is pant at the screen.......... or is that me

Ozzie21

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE I can't control the credit card Neil as it has a mind of it's own and it did it again with a DJH Peppercorn A2 the other night and there's the Lickney banker but it's licky I'm a t work so all it can do is pant at the screen.......... or is that me

How I wish my wife would believe that. I'd be in so much trouble. But every now and again I think what the .
. and do it anyway.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 8 Jul 2006, 16:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How I wish my wife would believe that. I'd be in so much trouble. But every now and again I think what the .
. and do it anyway.

I had one of those once but she kept jumping the rails so got rid of her at swop meet
got a 350HJ panel van for her. best deal I ever made

Ozzie21

1 - 9 of 9 Posts