Available in several road names including the legendary Denver & Rio Grande Western the 4-6-6-4 Challenger raises the bar for N-Scale locomotives that don't cost an arm and leg. (At most just an arm
Due Early August, 2006
Retail Price: $424.99
This stunning reproduction of the 4-6-6-4 Challenger besides being DCC ready includes authentic sounds that are channeled through factory installed DCC and soundboard with speakers.
The DCC decoder automatically senses what type of power supply is in use (conventional DC or NMRA compliant DCC) and adapts its functions. The modeler doesn't have to do a thing.
Functions and sounds available to DCC users include:
Fire box door
Cylinder cock/flange squeal
A handheld wireless controller is included for use with conventional DC power supplies. With it, modelers can control six sound functions as well as speed and direction.
The N Scale 4-6-6-4 Challenger includes a history book and instruction book for quick reference.
* Boiler backhead with full detailing
* Individually applied piping, valves, generators, etc.
* Correctly operating eccentric cranks
* Headlights and number boards with directional light change
* Tender light
* Five pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels
* Pivoting front and rear engines for negotiating 9-3/4" radius curves
* Factory installed onboard sound and DCC decoder
* Hand held remote control for DC operation
* Blackened metal wheels
* MicroTrains operating knuckle couplers installed