Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I guess the one advantage that model has as a N gauge model is that it is probably almost the size of an OO gauge model!

Its asking a lot right now to expect all that electronic wizardry to fit into the latest N gauge steam offerings from Peco or Dapol. Maybe in 10 years time when we all have mobile phones with the computing power of a laptop.

I would guess that the other question of interest would be about the scale of the sound.

Is is half the volume of OO gauge sound?

The rivet counters won't be happy if the sound is unrealistically LOUD!

The good thing of course is that if electronic wizardry is now of a size that enables it to be fitted into a loco of this type then there will be a very good chance that it will be able to fit into OO gauge tank locomotives. Now I do like that idea!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Sorry Dennis didn't mean to offend. I was genuinely excited by the consequences of what had been achieved here and the knock on effect for that gauge that interests me. Clearly N gauge modellers will be excited by this developement.

Although I will admit also to some curiousity about sound volumes and maybe I could have put it better.

Having listened to LGB garden locos at exhibitions they are definitely a lot louder than any HO/OO locos with sound chips that I have heard. I was just wondering if N gauge sound might be drowned by any background noise?

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.