Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Oct(?) Model Rail International supplement there's an interview with Atlas.
I thought the most interesting question was on their gauge popularity. They said H0 - 50%, N - 25% & 0 25%. There seems a large proportion of 0, although they are just one company and not necessarily representative of the hobby as a whole.
They also said 90% of their sales were domestic but would like to change that. I don't know how big Atlas are outside their track range but I hope they can interview a few more companies; I'd suggest Athearn are the market leaders in H0.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (ozwarrior @ 7 Dec 2007, 21:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They also said 90% of their sales were domestic but would like to change that. I don't know how big Atlas are outside their track range but I hope they can interview a few more companies; I'd suggest Athearn are the market leaders in H0.
In terms of sales in the USA, quite possibly but in world terms I wouldn't have thought so. Maerklin are very big in Europe and sell in the USA too. Weren't Bachmann (the entire company) the biggest sales over all?

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 7 Dec 2007, 21:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>In terms of sales in the USA, quite possibly but in world terms I wouldn't have thought so. Maerklin are very big in Europe and sell in the USA too. Weren't Bachmann (the entire company) the biggest sales over all?

I don't think the figures can be right, but there has been a large swing to larger scale, narrow gauge modelling, as the baby boomer's turn 60. On30 the fun scale !

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I should have been clearer. I was talking about the US market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts