Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Auscision Models have shown some pictures of the final samples of their EL class diesel locomotive. I saw a sample of this at the Melbourne show and they were very impressive.

Here are some pictures from their site.

This is a picture of the mechanism

And here are some CAD shots

All pictures are courtesy of

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Very nice. The light blue hoses on the front remind me of Davy Jones from Pirates of the Carribean.

David

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Something wrong with the cogs...

The worm gear from the motor shaft drives a cog with about 20 teeth. That then drives two cogs, one with 13 teeth and another with 16 teeth. They in turn drive one axle each from a 14 tooth cog. Surely one axle will turn at a different rate to the other?

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE Surely one axle will turn at a different rate to the other?
Now that you say it, I think you're right. Unless they actually intend to fit the centre axle with a different gear wheel, there's going to be a problem.

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Doug @ 7 Aug 2007, 05:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Something wrong with the cogs...

The worm gear from the motor shaft drives a cog with about 20 teeth. That then drives two cogs, one with 13 teeth and another with 16 teeth. They in turn drive one axle each from a 14 tooth cog. Surely one axle will turn at a different rate to the other?

You've got an eye for detail Doug.

It might be worth seeing one of these run before buying one then!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts