Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
***Many are already covered either by ex DJH, Brass or as kits.... and most of the volume sellers are alreay in the process of becoming RTR plastic ex asia.

If you are wanting a popular subject than one of the "puffing Billy" loco's might be a winner though. (HO narrow gauge). There's a nice wee Garratt among them....

The C32 is just released as a RTR ex China.... so probably not.

What WOULD get the blood racing for many and sell well is a set of the GHAN or any other cross-australia standard gauge coaches - the locos are available but the only coaches are the B awful Lima models!

Each train has LOTS of coaches so multiple orders would be common....

Now back to that loco - how about a Kirtley :) :) :)

Most of the castings would be not too hard to source - and the external springs made up as real leaf springs from etchings would be a nice touch!

Richard

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
*** Hi Peter

You said: "If you source the drawings i would be happy to do the Ghan coaches. if you can source bogie sideframes then i suspect they would be a piece of cake from my point of view"

Sorry mate - I have no access to the drawings and to be honest they aren't of much interest to me as an item... I merely suggested that if you wanted a project with an excellent chance of commerical success, then they would be an ideal project as the trains have run for years (so there's a spread of modelling periods) and now they are at a new high point in use and publicity.... and each train needs lots of coaches of not many different diagrammes.

I will of course see what I can do for you but can't promise. Fingers crossed!

The Bogies are probably going to be a piece of cake - US Passenger bogies would probably do the job (I think... only think.... that they use a relatively standard commonwealth bogie... and thats available with good detail RTR already in HO. I will check!)

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts