Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Some rather impressive shots from Ozzie21 there....

It seems the field has had a fair bit of coverage , though the suburban tanks tend to take a back seat.

Someone has announced a RTR 19 class, but as a bit of a left field choice - 18 class 0-6-0T ? Small , therefore cheap and I don't think anyone's ever done one. Small class maybe but one survives at the museum at Thirlmere so they must have survived close to the end of steam (Interest to declare - there was apparently a very short lived car float operation in Sydney Harbour when a freight terminal was built at Lavender Bay and they couldn't get permission for the necessary connection off the N.Shore line . I suspect almost nothing is known about it , which is a great modellers get out...)

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE While it is well known that J.M.Brown purchase and ran (until the 1970s) several ex-ROD 2-8-0 tender locos they also used another Gorton built loco which is one of my favourites, it's a chunky looking 2-8-2T and is probably still running at Richmond Vale preserved railway. There were many of these engines. I'm no Australian Railway historian, but there's plenty of information around on these locos

South Maitland Railway 10-class ? Tank versions of the NSWGR Beyer Peacock built D50 2-8-0 , which were still operating in some numbers into the mid 80s (the SMR tanks not the mainline locos).

·
Registered
763 Posts
I remember in the 80s the ABC used to have a continuity/filler film clip of a 10 class plodding past a trackworker with a very large beergut slowly drilling a hole in a sleeper with a big handbrace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts