Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps,

On my old layout the fiddle yard was automatic with the Heathcote eletrics auto changing the next train for each loop every time one passed. If a loco is running under DCC I gather it would keep running and foul the points? Or am I talking twaddle?

How can you stop a DCC loco or several for that matter to set up this kind of arrangement? Without a computer that is!

Cudders

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (cudders @ 26 Jul 2007, 04:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi chaps,

On my old layout the fiddle yard was automatic with the Heathcote eletrics auto changing the next train for each loop every time one passed. If a loco is running under DCC I gather it would keep running and foul the points? Or am I talking twaddle?

How can you stop a DCC loco or several for that matter to set up this kind of arrangement? Without a computer that is!

Cudders
I'm afraid you wil need a computer to do this.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 25 Jul 2007, 23:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm afraid you wil need a computer to do this.

Neil - you can do it quite easy without a computer - autochange fiddle yards (one in, next out & so on) with slowdown fairly easy (requires braking modules) - without slowdown even easier.

Working on auto fiddle yards on St.Laurent at the moment - should be completly up & running for the Croydon Exhibition 6/7th October.

·
Registered
827 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 26 Jul 2007, 10:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Braking modules - as Brian says - and asymmetric DCC would probably do it.

Asymmetrical DCC
BM1 - Simple 5 diode asymmetrical generator
BM2 - Controlled by an external signal both stop and restricted speed control can be achieved
BM3 - Full block occupancy detection and Asymmetrical DCC built into a single unit
Assuming he's using Lenz decoders, or others that support asymmetric DCC!

You can do it by simply cutting the power to the track section as you would with DC.

You can also probably do it with bit switches http://www.dcc-bitswitch.com/ which will work with any brand of decoder.

Andrew

·
Registered
44 Posts
QUOTE (SPROGman @ 26 Jul 2007, 12:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Assuming he's using Lenz decoders, or others that support asymmetric DCC!

ASymetric DCC only is supporteb by gold and silver lenz decoders. Im not sure 100% but i think that the last series of zimo, support it.

Regards from Spain,
Oscar

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
QUOTE (odiaz @ 26 Jul 2007, 14:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ASymetric DCC only is supporteb by gold and silver lenz decoders. Im not sure 100% but i think that the last series of zimo, support it.

Regards from Spain,
Oscar

According to the Zimo manual they do indeed support asymmetric DCC, in their most recent decoders at least.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 26 Jul 2007, 19:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Braking modules - as Brian says - and asymmetric DCC would probably do it.

Asymmetrical DCC
BM1 - Simple 5 diode asymmetrical generator
BM2 - Controlled by an external signal both stop and restricted speed control can be achieved
BM3 - Full block occupancy detection and Asymmetrical DCC built into a single unit
Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of all that, I am fortunate in that almost off of my installed decoders are Lenz Gold and so I can use this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts