Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the Aylsham Town Model Railway Exhibition last Sunday (19/10) with 'Walmington Pier Tramway' and talk about being busy!!! I have never seen a small-town show so packed -For the first FOUR hours, the queues were solid in the Town Hall and it took an hour just visit all 17 exhibits once!!!!

I was so busy presenting and talking away, that by lunchtime I had lost my voice and was reduced to croaking - until one lady customer gave me an aniseed and cloves sweet, that made my eyes water and even though I couldn't sing before, (except many many many years ago in the Southend Boys Choir) I could certainly hit the high notes afterwards!!!

Over 730 people visited that small-town one-day show, most established model railway clubs could only dream of figures like that for their weekend shows!!!!

Well done to Broadlands Model Railway Club, Bure Valley Railway and the Royal British Legion, Aylsham for such a wonderful show.

Dave

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Basil @ 22 Oct 2008, 19:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>any pics ?

Sorry, it was too busy even to get the camera out, let alone photograph hordes of people! Especially as I didn't see the layouts opposite me for 4 hours!!!!

Dave

·
Registered
495 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 23 Oct 2008, 08:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry, it was too busy even to get the camera out, let alone photograph hordes of people! Especially as I didn't see the layouts opposite me for 4 hours!!!!

Dave
I was going to visit this but got sidetracked and looks like i saved myself a lot waiting .pleased it was a success though
martin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts