Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,677 Posts
QUOTE (Greyvoices @ 11 Mar 2021, 23:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had another thought Babs.

If you raised the level of your station building to be above the tracks then your platforms could run underneath thus giving you extra length. You would then have steps or escalators down to platform level. No extra baseboard work would be required except for something supporting the station building.

Just an idle thought and if i have completely misunderstood your thinking then I apologise.

Best regards ................ Greyvoices (alias John)

I'm with you on that one, John. If Babs raises the building, it also gives a more plausible street access behind the building, and possibly even a few more inches (OK, centimetres!) of track and platform length into the bargain.

Great progres there, Babas, regardless of whether or not you like the suggestions.

· Registered
1,677 Posts
I can see that with the roof sloping down as it does that you can't move the viaduct any further back. For the bit behind the viaduct, could you curve some scenery up to meet the ceiling, to give some sort of scenic backdrop to the viaduct, seen through the arches?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts