Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,350 Posts
Good that you can now start laying tracks. Same here on DC + DDC - I have 2x analogue loops driven by Hornby HM2000 controller from the Orient Express Premier Set I bought back in 2003. I bet you get your trains running now before me Babz :)

· Registered
3,350 Posts
Hi Babz.

Half your luck - I wish I had more time, though I am on a mission again this Xmas with 2 weeks off.

TBH re DC Bus, I have little idea. I have gone back to basics and simply fed the loops from a single Hornby track power feed and it is running OK but there is a slight speed reduction at the far end of the 4m loop when I ran the Hornby GNER Eurostar. I will be revisiting all the trackwork this Xmas

I would suggest you just try it first before running the bus as the FL track with their connectors may work well enough. Nothing to lose really...

· Registered
3,350 Posts
Nice. While these things have a cost associated to them - the difference in getting a professional to do it can be worthwhile as they are doing it all the time and unless one is really good at DIY, the difference is noticeable.

· Registered
3,350 Posts
You could always use the Metcalfe card kits as they can be built to any length and curve if you need it. Alot lighter than plywood.

There are sevel platform kits as well from Vollmer and Faller eg Baden Baden which includes the island type canopies as well.

A bit subjective as I prefer kits anyway. I dont have details on heights but I guess you could rserach some preferred locations

BTW - I think you may have removed your above images locations?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts