Model Railway Forum banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
I would suggest starting with just one loco and getting to know what you can do with it.
I don't whether to suggest starting with a RailCom capable decoder or not. It has the advantage that if you recognise the icon that pops up on the controller when the loco is detected, all you have to do is tap it and all the loco's details will get added to the loco database. All you have to do is choose a name and maybe a loco icon.

David

Reactions: alanoes

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
And Babz, how is the Wetter in Wetter, it has been a rugged week of weather for the area around you and further to the South West. It is certainly a good decision to be unter dem Dach, rather than ins Keller !! Good to know you are safe and posting.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Hi 6991 Das Wetter in Wetter was really bad but no where near as bad as Hagen and Hagen Haspe. The weather further down was Disasterous. Family okay. They were very worried about the Mohne Dam that would have been very Catastrophic like the first time.
My friends in Witten & Volmerstein went to help rescue many people and help clear up. The Ruhr was very high luckily Wetter is mostly on a hill.
I am in very hot Sussex just had a good Thunderstorm. I miss the ones in Wetter.
Grappling with my New Ecos Command Staion.Help how do you turn it on Ha Ha

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Good Morning Everyone. Just an update on Interlaken Ost Station. The guy who i have commisioned to do the drawings and 3D Print it is going well. This has all been done with photographs. It is going to be made in N & Ho for my Layouts.Babs

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
Don't forget the swallows' nests in the underside of the platform canopy ;)

David

• Haha
Reactions: Babz and Julian2011

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Good Afternoon Everyone I had to give up my power tools because of Nerve damage in my fingers Donated them to a Charity called ( Men's Shed )in my area.
They kindly made me a Superb wooden box for my Ecos So that it did not get easily Damaged.
I include a couple if pics
Babs

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Hi Everyone, Yes the box is very special indeed. I would never have been able to do any thing near that myself even if my fingers had been okay.
We used the clear plastic trays it came in as a Template and they still hold it in place in the box for moving around very snug fit.
We will be staining the wood at a later date.
Babs

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
We used the clear plastic trays it came in as a Template and they still hold it in place in the box for moving around very snug fit.
I hadn't twigged that they made it especially for you. What a heart warming concept, just proves there is still a lot kindness and willingness to co-operate in the world.

David

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
I hadn't twigged that they made it especially for you. What a heart warming concept, just proves there is still a lot kindness and willingness to co-operate in the world.

David
I have really struck very lucky indeed.
The same team are doing my infrastructure/ Baseboards for my Garden railway.
Okay I did donate £2000.00 of Woodworking power tools and Jigs on the understanding they did the woodwork for the garden railway.
As I could not use them safely any more.
Babs

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
Reactions: Babz

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Hi David I am using the woodland Scenics for some it but i want to cut some flat Sheets 1 inch thickness 10 in x 4 feet long. I bought a hot knife from Farnells but i have not been brave enough to use it yet with my dodgy fingers. I had not thought about the fumes thanks for the heads up on that.
Kind Regards
Babs

101 - 119 of 119 Posts