Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone encountered problems with pick ups on the Bachman 08 also i want to permantly couple it to a shunting truck but not sure how to do it. Any help with pictures would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
As I recall the early models had pick-ups rubbing on the wheels rather than the wheel back, I think they have modified this, maybe a phone call to Barnwell might get you a replacement set of pick-ups which would be easy to fit with the base plate removed. Or modify the pickups your self with some thin copper sheet from Mainly Trains.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks didn't realise they had modified the pick up mine collect off the the top of the wheels. I spoke with Bachman about it they said they hadn't had any problems.

·
Registered
193 Posts
There is a good article on the web on how to improve pick-ups on the 08 (with photos) :-

Class 08 Current Collection (from Nigel Burkin)

I found this in one quick search using Google. I had read it before and just used Google to find it again. Amazingly enough it came top of the search results page using the words "class 08 pick-ups" in the search.

Regards
John Russell
Vienna, Austria

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thats perfect thanks. I spoke with Bachmann this morning they say they have only ever had one type of pick up on the 00 gauge 08 so this article will help a lot of people.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Terry Colley @ 22 Nov 2006, 18:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>also i want to permantly couple it to a shunting truck but not sure how to do it. Any help with pictures would be appreciated.

If you were looking to use the goods wagon as an additional set of wheels for pick up purposes you could go for conductive couplings. I know Viessman make them but there could be others. Hope this helps.

Regards

John

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>I know Viessman make them but there could be others
Roco have some in their catalogue. Once you have the part number check out Mackay's website to see if they have them in stock.

David

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 23 Nov 2006, 18:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>>I know Viessman make them but there could be others
Roco have some in their catalogue. Once you have the part number check out Mackay's website to see if they have them in stock.

David

The Viessmann ones are 2-pole & based on the Fleishmann Profi-Coupling & can be used as a normal coupling.
The Roco ones are 4-pole & have to be coupled/uncoupled manually.
Both have NEM shanks.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
I across this page on company called Tams Electronik. It's got quite a range of what look like two pole couplers. My german is suspect, so I may be wrong on the pole count. Check it out here.

David

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 27 Nov 2006, 22:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I across this page on company called Tams Electronik. It's got quite a range of what look like two pole couplers. My german is suspect, so I may be wrong on the pole count. Check it out here.

David

Thanks for that link - not come accross them before - looks like they cover the older Fleishmann mountings as well. I'll try to contact them with a veiw to stocking them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts