Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

Class 37 fans are going to be happy. Hot on the heals of the ViTrains Class 37, Bachman Branchline refurbished Class 37 Locomotives are due to be in the shops during May. These eagerly awaited locomotives are the first UK model to feature a working cab light, The cab lights can be turned on and off when the Model is fitted with DCC decoder and used in conjunction with a DCC Control System.

Bachman have now received the first of the refurbished Class 37 samples. Pictured here is one of the Limited edition locomotives commisioned by and exclusively available from Kernow Model Rail Centre in Camborne. 37 670 "St Blazey T&RS Depot". These models should be available late May or early June.

The new Branchline Class 37's feature 6 wheel pickup, 6 wheel drive, directional lighting, etched radiator fan grille, opening cab doors, wire cab side handrails and an all new Bogie frame with improved wheel hub profile. Pictured below is another Limited edition item commisioned by and exclusively available from Geoffrey Allison of Worksop. 37 425 is also scheduled to be available late May or Early June.

·
Registered
182 Posts
These both look superb to my eye. I have had a BR Blue Cornish Railways 37 on order with Kernow now for almost a year, so I'm hoping they will be in the same production batch as the above.

I expect that they will have a 21pin decoder socket following on from the revised Class 66. I hope that this time the circuitry is wired so that DCC can be used to turn the taillights, and perhaps the high intensity 'laser', on and off, as well as the the headcode lights and cab lights. Please no switches under the chassis this time, is that too much to ask?

I'm glad I have held off from buying a VI Trains 37, though usually curiosity for something new gets the better of me (and my wallet)!

·
Registered
99 Posts
The models in the photo look superb, a model generation better than the earlier Bachmanns. By the way, I really hope that they have 12 wheel pick up and 6 axle drive??! Given the similarity of the bogies, let's hope they also re-work their second rate Deltic?

I did buy a Vitrains 37 last weekend and prety good it is too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe I should go back to OO gauge modelling after seing these pictures!!!!

Especially as I am a major class 37 fan.

Right then - how about an equally good N gauge DCC version then?

·
Registered
64 Posts
QUOTE (dualfuel @ 16 Mar 2007, 17:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hmmmm, maybe I should go back to OO gauge modelling after seing these pictures!!!!

Especially as I am a major class 37 fan.

Right then - how about an equally good N gauge DCC version then?
Wait and see - BachFarish have announced a new N 37 and it will be DCC ready, presumably by solder tags judging by the commentary on the 57 on the Bachmann web site

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think that the pics are very encouraging
I have preordered a couple from a retailer and can't wait for it to be released. I did consider the Vitrains one but after seeing one in the flesh, I was very disapointed but thats another story!

Cheers
PS

·
Registered
101 Posts
QUOTE (principal skinner @ 6 Apr 2007, 22:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think that the pics are very encouraging
I have preordered a couple from a retailer and can't wait for it to be released. I did consider the Vitrains one but after seeing one in the flesh, I was very disapointed but thats another story!

Cheers
PS

It looks a beauty doesn't it? On the strength of the info Doug posted I've ordered the EWS version from Kernow.

And I do hope it has "12 wheel pick up" too....

·
Registered
697 Posts
QUOTE (papamikepapa @ 15 Apr 2007, 22:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>'Here are some photos of the first one to break cover.'

Try post number 6 mate!

Oops! missed that link.

The link to RMWeb gets you to the piccies quicker, and to another similar discussion. It's worth reading too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts