Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
C55
2,499 Posts
I'm not quite sure what is going on..... from their website and the Bachmann website.

Bachmann do not list Hatton's, as one of their dealers on their website. On the other hand Hatton's list a whole bunch of items on their "online Store", but I can't find any rolling-stock which is not "Pre-owned". [That said there were C900 items to look through.] The same "pre-owned" stock applied to Graham Farrish rolling stock, too.

I would expect a reconciliation marriage to have a few more wedding bells, to the advantage of both profit hungry darlings of the modelling world. Still, an open mind might be best kept that way.

Julian

·
C55
2,499 Posts
Being an unoffical stockist there could be issues with a model needing repair under warrenty. Plenty of genuine stockists.
Whilst it can't affect the customer's purchase rights, it might limit the extent the seller wishes to "go that extra mile" when an issue is raised. Bachmann have a pretty good direct from customer relationship, which I have been pleased to be on the receiving end, a few times; whether they might choose to limit that should they discover a buyer got the item from Hatton's, is a bit of an unknown. As you, rightly, say, there are plenty of official stockists out there.

Julian

·
In depth idiot
7,808 Posts
Whilst it can't affect the customer's purchase rights, it might limit the extent the seller wishes to "go that extra mile" when an issue is raised. Bachmann have a pretty good direct from customer relationship, which I have been pleased to be on the receiving end, a few times; whether they might choose to limit that should they discover a buyer got the item from Hatton's, is a bit of an unknown...
I have dealt with both businesses over 20 years now, since my 'model railways part 2' got started, and neither have put a foot wrong, unlike many of the others I have tried.
Hattons have been scrupulous in dealing with 'item not as described/unfit for purpose' refunds.
Bachmann supply parts they have in stock quickly and at modest cost. They don't care that the model was obtained s/h if you wish to purchase spares: it might have come from Hattons, but why should they know or care?.
(Neither of these events have been frequent, the usual state is 'no problems of any kind'.)

It's a minor inconvenience that these two businesses aren't trading, there are good alternative vendors of new Bachmann products, until such time as peace breaks out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts