Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been a lot of talk lately about new products for 2006 from the various manaufacturers.

In relation to this, and specifically Bachmann, everyone is wondering what they are going to announce.

What I'm wondering, is where the remaining items are from 2004, such as the Mk2 coaches supposedly released in January of that year?

A friend of mine who works for Alstom now, but worked for B.R. Doncaster in the 1960s and 1970s tells me that you could assemble a real Mk2 coach in under 2 weeks, but it takes Bachmann over 2 years to produce one of 1/76th of the size.

It's amazing that folk are interested in the stuff that they announce this year. We may not see it until 2008.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I quite agree Scooter Bachmann need to get their act together as this has been going on for years now, and most people complain about the long delay in producing new models.
Bachmann make some great models and most of my stock is Bachmann, but why do we have to wait so long

Last year Bachmann said the where having a year of consolidation, so why are they making 3 new models which will be out soon and not concertrating on their back log of models

Can someone from Bachmann tell us what is going on Please.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm still of the opinion that hornby do a lot of the ground work for a model for a long time before announcing their intent to produce it. Unless someone from hornby cares to state otherwise. Maybe bachmann are just more forthcoming in their intentions. The lead time is maddeningly long especially given some of the errors that seem to get through to production, thats the really galling thing about bachmann in my opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too have been waiting for Bachmann to come up with the goods. In my case I needed the GWR carriages adverstised in the catalogue.

I finally got hold of some Bachmann GWR Coaches when Hattons had a special offer - which turned out to be some very old production run in 1936 GWR livery ("Shirt Button") with plastic wheels!

I still wouldn't mind some updated Bachmann GWR coaches.... Maybe 2008?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts