Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
bilbo,

Be careful when chipping this. i did mine about 6 months ago. i tried to connect up the pickups from the unpowered end and couldn't get them back it.

I have had to hang the chip from underneath the motor housing.

Alistair

· Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the warning, Alistair.

Plus, it's a useful reminder to me to do the same job on mine at some point.

Chris G, you probably know this (I didn't), but the Bachmann model is actually HO scale, I believe.

I would like the Britannia Pacific Models 00 version some day, but with so many other railway children to feed.....

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (Paxman @ 3 Apr 2007, 21:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was going to say, is there any other Bachmann version??

I certainly haven't heard of one.

Regards

John

· Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (alibuchan @ 2 Apr 2007, 17:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>BRBlue,

I used a standard Lenz 1025 without the plug. costs £10.50 i think. you could possibly get a hornby one beside the motor hidden inside the yellow motor cover. but they werent out when i did it.

There is no point putting a fancy chip as there is no lights on it.

Alistair
Many thanks Alistair.

I think I will go with the same Lenz one that you used. Putting lights in would be another project altogether

Regards Eamon

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (BRBlue @ 10 Apr 2007, 12:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Many thanks Alistair.

I think I will go with the same Lenz one that you used. Putting lights in would be another project altogether

Regards Eamon

AFAIK the Lenz 1025 & 1024 are no longer available - they also have much coaser motor drive compared to the later decoders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.