Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was thinking about getting one of these, does anybody know if the motorised version will propel itself around the track, or is the motor only there to make it look like it's working?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
201 Posts
bilbo,

Be careful when chipping this. i did mine about 6 months ago. i tried to connect up the pickups from the unpowered end and couldn't get them back it.

I have had to hang the chip from underneath the motor housing.

Alistair

·
Registered
201 Posts
BRBlue,

I used a standard Lenz 1025 without the plug. costs £10.50 i think. you could possibly get a hornby one beside the motor hidden inside the yellow motor cover. but they werent out when i did it.

There is no point putting a fancy chip as there is no lights on it.

Alistair

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the warning, Alistair.

Plus, it's a useful reminder to me to do the same job on mine at some point.

Chris G, you probably know this (I didn't), but the Bachmann model is actually HO scale, I believe.

I would like the Britannia Pacific Models 00 version some day, but with so many other railway children to feed.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
QUOTE (alibuchan @ 3 Apr 2007, 17:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It is H0 It looks strange compared with other stock.

And yes Brian it is the liliput one.

Alistair

I was going to say, is there any other Bachmann version??

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Paxman @ 3 Apr 2007, 21:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was going to say, is there any other Bachmann version??

I certainly haven't heard of one.

Regards

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (alibuchan @ 2 Apr 2007, 17:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>BRBlue,

I used a standard Lenz 1025 without the plug. costs £10.50 i think. you could possibly get a hornby one beside the motor hidden inside the yellow motor cover. but they werent out when i did it.

There is no point putting a fancy chip as there is no lights on it.

Alistair
Many thanks Alistair.

I think I will go with the same Lenz one that you used. Putting lights in would be another project altogether

Regards Eamon

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (BRBlue @ 10 Apr 2007, 12:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Many thanks Alistair.

I think I will go with the same Lenz one that you used. Putting lights in would be another project altogether

Regards Eamon

AFAIK the Lenz 1025 & 1024 are no longer available - they also have much coaser motor drive compared to the later decoders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts