Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have had the Bachmann Dynamis Control System for nearly a year now everything was working fine until recently when one loco that hadn't been used for a while refused to move, on trying get it going I have lost control of all my loco's. My question is how do I get them going again?

thanks,

ews66

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hmm Sounds tricky? Do use a seperate programming track or do you program on the main? Sounds like you have changed something. As I am not a Dynamis user the best advice I can give is place each loco on the programming track and go through each cv to ensure you haven't changed an address from say long to short, or consisted the locos together.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

QUOTE (ews66 @ 8 Dec 2008, 08:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, I have had the Bachmann Dynamis Control System for nearly a year now everything was working fine until recently when one loco that hadn't been used for a while refused to move, on trying get it going I have lost control of all my loco's. My question is how do I get them going again?

thanks,

ews66

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both ozzie21 & zmil for your advice, what I for got to mention is that I have inadvertantly deleted all the loco addresses on the hand control and should have asked how do I get them back. I have tried entering a locos address but nothing has happened.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
It does sound suspiciously like a comms fault. Is the hand controller tethered or wireless? Perhaps as mentioned previously shutting down power to both units will effect a reboot and you may be able to input a locomotive address.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

QUOTE (ews66 @ 8 Dec 2008, 21:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thank you both ozzie21 & zmil for your advice, what I for got to mention is that I have inadvertantly deleted all the loco addresses on the hand control and should have asked how do I get them back. I have tried entering a locos address but nothing has happened.

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (ews66 @ 8 Dec 2008, 20:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thank you both ozzie21 & zmil for your advice, what I for got to mention is that I have inadvertantly deleted all the loco addresses on the hand control and should have asked how do I get them back. I have tried entering a locos address but nothing has happened.

*** Have you checked the batteries in the handset?

Change them just in case, as even new batteries can let you down.

After that, Place ONE loco on the layout and do a reset - that is from memory setting CV 8 to 8 for the bachmann chips. It should then be address 3 and should respond to that number.

Try the new batteries and the reset, then come back to us with a result if any.

kind regards

Richard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ozzie21, Zmil & Richard,

Thank you all for your quick replies and advice, I think I may discovered the problem the orange & green lights keep flickering whenever I plug the unit in, the hand control looks as though it is working fine but not recognising the loco numbers. I shall be contacting the suppliers tomorrow.

Once again many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Stewart

1 - 7 of 7 Posts