Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Personally I like the Wrenn (Hornby Dublo) tank. I had repainted and re-lined mine and fitted flush glazing before the Bachmann model came along and have seen no need to replace it. Indeed on my railway with sharp(ish) curves, the Wrenn model is far superior as it says on the track!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have some doubts about the long term durability of Bachmann - I have heard of several problems with certain models (not necessarily the 4MT tank) - wheels moving on axles (the centre part of the axles are plastic), plastic motion brackets breaking and the valve gear going everywhere as a result, the plastic spoked centres of the driving wheels coming loose and rubbing on the coupling rods - makes the whole engine wobble as it runs - this problem appears quite common on early Standard Class IV tender engines.

Also does ANYONE out there like the AWFUL loco to tender connection on the Class N Mogul? It is an abortion and no mistake. It ruins the entire loco. I hate it so much that I will probably be selling my example soon.
Regards, JIM

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gary - can I put a topic to you. Does nobody model any more? Go to any model railway exhibition these days and most layouts are Bachmann and Hornby benefits. I get quite excited when I see unusual or kit built engines these days.
JIM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.