Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
All my current 9F's are loco drive and have sound, one of them is Evening Star, carrying a Pines Express headboard. This hasn't detered me from ordering the Bachmann Evening Star, and in time I'll probably add to my stud. BTW they all run quite sweetly, I just like 9F's.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I accept that 00 is out of scale. You simply won't get modellers to change and that includes me. Yes it's not right but acceptable (to me) and thats what counts.
I do like American H/O, particularly the steamers. But if I changed I would loose my knowledge base. I'd rather build a modual for our clubs modular layout, it's less investment and gives a change to get into the swing of things. At home it's OO, and thats because when I mooted a change of scale recently I got major gip from the Mrs.
The scale that deserved support was 3mm or TT. You got much more railway in the space, it could have been made true 3mm and it's more practical for older folks with the aging eyes.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE I lay my track and build my base boards to a "set standard" I have adopted within a group of us. There's always a rogue in a any group who does things his way and he has more derailments in one session than the rest of us have in year.

I'd be intrested to know what you standards are for base boards. My normal method of construction has always been L girder. This has proved to very stable, and in the past when I've rebuilt a layout much of the construction timers have been reused with little modification. Thats not possible with my current project as the timber was left in South Africa, there are regulations relating to the import and export of untreated timber, the same as in Australia. So for the first time in many years I'm starting from scratch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.