Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

Bachmann China models are going to be more readily available to European modellers.

Japanese Locos

The Kawasaki DB3 Class 4-4-4 tank engines. These locomotives were built in 1936 and were used in the Manchurian occupation. These unique engines was alleged to have travelled at over 150 km per hour, helped by the streamlined design and large driving wheels that were over 6ft in diameter.

The model features

1. DCC ready, Reserve the sound chip and loudspeaker hole.
2. Operating headlight.
3. Magnetically operated E-Z Mate knuckle couplers in rear.
4. All metal chassis.

These will be available from your Bachmann stockist shortly. Prices will be confirmed in the near future

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
First don some thermonuclear protection

That's better, it's not quite so bright now.

There's possibly a rather nice chassis under there somewhere

David

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow. Realise I know nothing about Japanese steam era railways. Only ever been on bullet trains. Things must be changing in China if Bachmann can make models of Manchurian era locos!! Is the yellow and purple livery for real?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Gwent rail @ 12 Jan 2007, 15:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Somebody once told me, in a post on this forum, that GWR locos were all the same colour and boring.

Just one question to that member --- So you think this is better???

Err......

That would have been me then, sorry.....that top one looks a bit like the Porterbrook Deltic. - but without the class!!

Regards

John

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I wonder what the Japanese/Chinese railway modellers think of the "class" British locos? (Chinese modeller looking at GWR loco or Deltic =
)

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
It would be interesting to know how they mixed the paint to get such vivid colours way back then. My understanding on paints and dyes is that it wasn't until the 1960s that the strong vivid colours we have today became possible; or maybe that was just for textiles. I welcome more accurate information.

David

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
fantastic. i knew they were on their way but i had no idea when. you know what bachmann are like.

The blue one looks very smart. bettter start saving.
i do think the choice of loco is a bit odd though.
Its too early for all the other chinese models that they do and has much narrower appeal. surley a JS or an RM would have been a better choice.

But this is a very welcome loco.
I do hope they get around to doing the SL for the un educated the tank loco was the smaller streamliner and the SL was the bigger version. it comes in 3 flavors. streamlined, semi and non streamlined.

i know some of you are mocking this but its a very welcome loco for those of us that are interested in chinese models and many modern UK liveries want to make me vomit! (infact all apart from GNER)

I wonder if they will do some earlier coaches to match it or am i going to be doing yet more CAD work to etch my own?

I will post some pictures of manchurian coaches when i have time.

I also look forward to finding out what is ment by chinese models are going to be more available in the west than before. i hope they will be available at sensible prices. i import mine at about a 40% discount.

At some stage i will also do a quick review of the new bachmann chine coaches that i got for christmas!

Really excellent news

Peter

·
Registered
370 Posts
Cheers Britho, I wasn't going to name names, but the hand slowly sliding up was refreshing.

You are honest, Pedro is colour blind, good job we're all different!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wouldn't argue with that Pete. We do sometimes forget that this is a hobby and not life or death, so if it suits you then "good luck to you" I say.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts