Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Bear in mind Doug that $112 may sound a lot for shipping from the USA however its going to cost an arm and a leg (or is the phrase "a kneck" in France?) to ship this set from the UK to France at rip off Royal Mail overseas shipping prices if you can find somebody who will do it!

Also remember the 19.6% French VAT on goods imported from the USA and the charge levied for the collection of this!

Why can't we Euros have stuff in the shops at American prices even allowing for the extra 12% or so in tax?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Makemineadouble @ 12 Dec 2007, 10:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There you go Doug

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BACHMANN-4-6-0-TWEET...2QQcmdZViewItem

of course you'll not get it for Christmas but you could store it for next year !

I've bought many locos from that shop in Texas, but it's not local and the shipping is very expensive. I'm looking for something closer to home.

Bachmann pointed me to their distributors in Belgium who game me the names of a few shops in Paris, but none carry the Christmas trains. Few even carry the G-scale trains unfortunately.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Doug

It could be worth trying www.modellbahnecke.de, they handle quite a bit of Bachmann G, and I have found them very helpful in the past.

I had a quick look on the website and can't see Christmas stuff, but then I don't know the part number, I think a call or an email may be worthwhile. Good Luck!

Ashley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts