Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bachmann class 37 the special edition with lights and they work oddly, I fitted sound and she is fine but with my ZTC 505 id a press halt once the lights work, I have split the white yellow and blue from the 8 pin and wired blue to combined front and rear + and the remainder to white and yellow in case something was wrong with the bus, still no joy, no matter what. Taking here apart and running a 9 volt with resistor the lights work fine; could it be the chip/ It is an ESU loksound.

C

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (Charley Farley Trelawney @ 4 Mar 2008, 04:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a Bachmann class 37 the special edition with lights and they work oddly, I fitted sound and she is fine but with my ZTC 505 id a press halt once the lights work, I have split the white yellow and blue from the 8 pin and wired blue to combined front and rear + and the remainder to white and yellow in case something was wrong with the bus, still no joy, no matter what. Taking here apart and running a 9 volt with resistor the lights work fine; could it be the chip/ It is an ESU loksound.

C

Hi

could you please re-word the question - what is happening is just not clear from your post at all.

* What should happen: press f0 and lights should turn on depending on dirction selected. To be honest - its unlikely to be a faulty ESU chip as they are exceptionally reliable out of the box.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they won't work under F0 or any other F number. I removed the white yellow and blue and soldered them directly to the wires in case the bus has a fault. When stopping the loco and pressing halt once, the lights come on, but no way will they work as they should. Lights are fine, they work of a 9 volt battery with no issues. I am mystified, I have fitted some 15 ESU chips and never had a problem with lighting or ny other function.

C

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Charley Farley Trelawney @ 4 Mar 2008, 18:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>they won't work under F0 or any other F number. I removed the white yellow and blue and soldered them directly to the wires in case the bus has a fault. When stopping the loco and pressing halt once, the lights come on, but no way will they work as they should. Lights are fine, they work of a 9 volt battery with no issues. I am mystified, I have fitted some 15 ESU chips and never had a problem with lighting or ny other function.

C

It was, as I suspected a faulty ESU loksound chip. The supplier has exchanged it for a new one without any hesitation.

Charley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts