Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are constantly bombarded with ads for the new 'N' gauge Warships in Maroon but what happened to the Bachmann 00 gauge 'Champion' which was listed in the 2006, 2007 and 2008 catalogue releases.

I've seen neither hide nor hair of it?

I know Bachmann are notorious for delivering late but the other Warships came out and I can't see what could have delayed this one. The Class 47 took ages but has still been released within the same time frame.

Anyone know anything?

·
Registered
235 Posts
QUOTE (DiesAL @ 16 Oct 2008, 05:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We are constantly bombarded with ads for the new 'N' gauge Warships in Maroon but what happened to the Bachmann 00 gauge 'Champion' which was listed in the 2006, 2007 and 2008 catalogue releases.

I've seen neither hide nor hair of it?

I know Bachmann are notorious for delivering late but the other Warships came out and I can't see what could have delayed this one. The Class 47 took ages but has still been released within the same time frame.

Anyone know anything?

Sorry DiesAL I have no news.

Like you I'm waiting patiently for another Warship (I have had my order in since Dec last year)
Hattons still have it listed on their forthcoming releases and it is still listed on Bachmann's product listing. so guess it must be on its way sometime in the next year (maybe)??

Its been a long time between drinks for us OO hydraulic fans and judging by the recent price paid for a warship on ebay some are getting very thirsty!!! http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220282808196

Dave

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUOTE (gdaysydney @ 16 Oct 2008, 10:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry DiesAL I have no news.

Like you I'm waiting patiently for another Warship (I have had my order in since Dec last year)
Hattons still have it listed on their forthcoming releases and it is still listed on Bachmann's product listing. so guess it must be on its way sometime in the next year (maybe)??

Its been a long time between drinks for us OO hydraulic fans and judging by the recent price paid for a warship on ebay some are getting very thirsty!!! http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220282808196

Dave
It seems that I am not the only one waiting for said Warship to appear, to join Westerns, Hymeks, future Teddy and SR locos. Perhaps, in the way of things it will be sound fitted. Wouldn't touch evil bay, myself.

Cheers,

Hugh

·
Registered
235 Posts
QUOTE (Hugh Williams @ 18 Oct 2008, 06:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It seems that I am not the only one waiting for said Warship to appear, to join Westerns, Hymeks, future Teddy and SR locos. Perhaps, in the way of things it will be sound fitted. Wouldn't touch evil bay, myself.

Cheers,

Hugh

No news from Bachmann on a sound fitted Warship. The long awaited "Champion" will come DCC fitted. The other, "Royal Naval Reserve" will come DCC ready with the infamous 21 pin and hopefully will have working lights.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
i have had one of these for about 5 years now. its one of my best runners but something to look out for are cracks in the cups that connect with the cardan shafts. i have had o replace both ends of mine. i have also had 2 go on my voyagers. its a fairly straightforward fix but does take some time.

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts