Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the Bachmann class 42 Warships have 8-wheel drive and 8-wheel pickups... similar to their excellent class 20 and 25 models?

(I live in Canada, and can't just wander into the local hobbyshop to inspect one!)

Thanks,

-Martin

·
Registered
182 Posts
Indeed they do, and INMHO they are amongst the smoothest running of all the Bachman Diesels. Sadly no lights, and most versions do ot come with a DCC socket. Though both a 'DCC Fitted' and a 'DCC Ready' one are due from Bachmann sometime this year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (maas @ 2 May 2007, 06:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do the Bachmann class 42 Warships have 8-wheel drive and 8-wheel pickups... similar to their excellent class 20 and 25 models?

(I live in Canada, and can't just wander into the local hobbyshop to inspect one!)

Thanks,

-Martin

Yes they do. They are very good models - I have 3 of them. The early ones sat too low on their bogies, but the later ones are fine.

Where in Canada are you?

Adrian
Newmarket, Ontario

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Adrian @ 2 May 2007, 06:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes they do. They are very good models - I have 3 of them. The early ones sat too low on their bogies, but the later ones are fine.

Where in Canada are you?

Adrian
Newmarket, Ontario

Thanks... I live in Victoria, BC.

-Martin

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
QUOTE (Adrian @ 2 May 2007, 23:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes they do. They are very good models - I have 3 of them. The early ones sat too low on their bogies, but the later ones are fine.

That's true - I have one of the first release versions of 'Onslaught' which sat 1mm too low on it bogies. This was one of the early Bachmann stuff-ups which quietly got fixed and no doubt later contributed to the 'we are often asked about buffer heights' myth which appeared on their website.

I modified the chassis on mine to correct the problem, but didn't take any photos during the process. It's fairly straightforward to do but does require cutting of the chassis block. Keith Norgrove made the same modification here: http://www.norgrove.me.uk/Raising.htm

Graham Plowman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts