Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am planning to go on holiday between now and Dec.

I have pre-ordered a Bachmann class 66 loco in DRS / Stobart Rail livery - It says on Bachmann's site Nov/Dec. Does anybody know when it will be released, i.e. the month? Want to be home for when its delivered as I have paid for it so it will come in the post when released, and our "friendly" postman signs for our post and puts it behind the bin - he did this back in august when I was on holiday - luckily the loco was stil there, but box soggy from rain. I never see the post man now I have started a new job so can't talk to him to tell him not to leave it.

Many thanks

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE Does anybody know when it will be released,
The reason you haven't got a reply so far, is that this is Bachmann's best guess given the information they get on production slots at the factory and the shipping time from China to here. They seem to have been pretty good estimates over the last year or so. If you are particularly worried, can you ask your supplier to hold it until you ask for it to be sent?

David

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 30 Oct 2007, 17:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The reason you haven't got a reply so far, is that this is Bachmann's best guess given the information they get on production slots at the factory and the shipping time from China to here. They seem to have been pretty good estimates over the last year or so. If you are particularly worried, can you ask your supplier to hold it until you ask for it to be sent?

David

Thanks for your comments, I have contacted my supplier to send it to my work place, so at least it is in "Safe Hands" so to speek, but is it ???

Look forward to receiving it! To be honest, if it wasn't for this release I wouldn't have taken an Re-interest in model railways!

Many thanks again!

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE it to my work place, so at least it is in "Safe Hands" so to speek, but is it ???
I am sure the product will be ok, but if it doesn't come in a plain wrapper, are you in danger of a bit of leg pulling?

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
The DCC sound Class 66's had Nov/Dec as their avaailability date. I got my EWS sound one two weeks ago and the Freightliner shanks one is now available. If this one is supposed to be available Nov/Dec then I would have thought it would be round about the same.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 30 Oct 2007, 20:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am sure the product will be ok, but if it doesn't come in a plain wrapper, are you in danger of a bit of leg pulling?

David

Ummmmmmmmm they know I am a Stobart Spotter but know nothing about the train side so if this leaks out, I shall say its to add to the collection.......

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE I am a Stobart Spotter
My wife has said if she sees the Stobart 66 she will probably buy it.

David

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 31 Oct 2007, 22:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My wife has said if she sees the Stobart 66 she will probably buy it.

David

Lucky you! Not sure how many are being made but I think it will sell out like the Hornby Train set did, now absoutely obsoulete, even I couldn't get a set. Thats going back about 6 years now.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE Lucky you!
It's for herself, not for me but it will require running rights along side her SBB IC2000 set; I'm a 50's steam man (apart from the prototype Deltic if I can get my hands on one).

David

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 31 Oct 2007, 22:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's for herself, not for me but it will require running rights along side her SBB IC2000 set; I'm a 50's steam man (apart from the prototype Deltic if I can get my hands on one).

David

Maybe not so lucky then.......... :

I am a "Anything that I like the looks of" man, mainly moderen stuff which I see on a day to day basis. If it runs, I like the looks of it, I buy it (within price reason).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
received mine today and it is very impressive. This is my first 66 model and I would definatly buy more 66's as the quality is excerlent. Only downside is the amount of time to get the body shell off to install the decoder, but was worth the wait. 10 out of 10 for this model!

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE received mine today
So they've arrived then. The estimate on the website was pretty good then. Glad you like it.

David

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I think its very good. Think I will buy more Bachmann stuff if the quality is the same as this 66. Just wished I could find an electrician to sort the wiring up in the loft so I can build my layout!!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Just a point to be aware of, these are supposed to be in short supply due to Bachmann cutting shop supplies down and Stobart comandeering a large number for their merchandise site (if anyone fancies paying near on full RRP). There's a message to that effect on the rails website and once sold out the next batch aren't due until January at the earliest. So if anyone hasn't pre-ordered one and wants one I'd get a shift on if I were you unless you can wait 'til the new year.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (Avionyx @ 10 Nov 2007, 17:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Breaston,

Any chance of some pictures of your new 66?

I'm due to get one later this week, really can't wait!

Alex

YES NO PROBLEM.
The photos are downloading onto my computer as I type and I have also done some video clips which I will upload onto you tube so will post the link. In all, I have took 243 photos and videos of this loco, just shows how impressed I am with it!!!

Give me 10 mins...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (spongebob @ 10 Nov 2007, 20:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just a point to be aware of, these are supposed to be in short supply due to Bachmann cutting shop supplies down and Stobart comandeering a large number for their merchandise site (if anyone fancies paying near on full RRP). There's a message to that effect on the rails website and once sold out the next batch aren't due until January at the earliest. So if anyone hasn't pre-ordered one and wants one I'd get a shift on if I were you unless you can wait 'til the new year.

I pre ordered mine a while ago for about £60 and it came 4 days after release day.
Stobart Shop in Appleton, Carlisle and Crick will be selling 00 scale models both motorised and static so I was told today. Believed to be by Bachmann, more or less a dummy train. Price about £25 - £30 so they said...
They currently have a static version of a Dapol N Gague too.......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts