Model Railway Forum banner

Bachmann class 66 - where have the lights gone?

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  fabben 
A Bachmann "Eddie the Engine" class 66 arrived on our layout this Christmas. This is one of the 21 pin versions and it has a switch for lights underneath. Since it is such a simple sound conversion, we got an SWD class 66 21 pin sound decoder and fitted that straight away. Adding the 21 pin decoder has given us independent control of the cab light as well. (I ran the loco in with DC on a rolling road and the cab lights were on all the time). The switch underneath has not been touched.

In short, I think you are right to wonder why you have no lighting control. It works for us with this ESU LokSound decoder and ECoS control unit.

David

QUOTE On a class 66, no.2 end is the radiator/cooler group end - not the normal no.1 end for UK built locos. This is standard US practise!!

That's useful to know. On Bachmann's "Eddie", there's a driver in the number 1 end as described above and the coupler is not fitted out of the box. I don't know what the other Bachmann 66s are like.

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.