Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I want to make my class 108 run as DCC . It may seem a stupid question but when programming both decoders (4 funtion in power car and 2 funtion access decoder in the dummy) as they have to have the same address do I programme at the same time or one at a time.
Any advise would be welcome

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (Chirkwood @ 19 Aug 2008, 23:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi
I want to make my class 108 run as DCC . It may seem a stupid question but when programming both decoders (4 funtion in power car and 2 funtion access decoder in the dummy) as they have to have the same address do I programme at the same time or one at a time.

*** Its usually better to programme one at a time - critical to do so if you want to do any function remapping. Please note you will not normally get readback from the function only decoder, so its best programmed on the main rather than in programme track mode.

Richard

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE (Chirkwood @ 19 Aug 2008, 15:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi

..but be aware that the lighting provided by Bachmann is very poor; it really only lights the end compartments (and not the end with the motor). On the otherhand the headlights and route indicator lights are very good.

The only way to fix the compartment lighting is to use an LED strip light but this requires quite a bit of reorganising the internal connections.
Adding extra single LED's in parallel with the exsting ones does not work because of the values of the resistors and diodes used by Bachmann; these are hidden under the floor and are surface mount components.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
QUOTE (Chirkwood @ 20 Aug 2008, 01:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi

You might also want to make this modification to ensure reliable pickup:

http://www.mrol.com.au/BachmannClass108.aspx

Graham Plowman

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts