Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what models are going to be released for BCC memebers please? It might convince me to join if it was something great rather than pay ebay prices.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There are some PO wagons in the latest magazine(received yesterday) in both OO & N. They haven't said much about locos. What I did notice in the most recent magazine is the number of special editions for various model shops etc they are doing.

·
Registered
342 Posts
As an existing member i am more than a little dissapointed there seems to have been a real shift of emphasis of the club and magazine away from information on forthcoming releases to advertising what's already in the shops and no era 7 8 or 9 interest in the collectors club special editions. Unfortunately i've already paid up for this year but it looks as though i've wasted my money as there now appears to be little advantage to being a member. I'll see what next quarters magazine is like but I suspect there'll be nothing available exclusively to members of interest to me

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
What do you get for your membership?
Do you get an annual video or dvd?

The reason I ask is I am a member of the Trix Profi club and I get a club car, a catalogue, a DVD, and eight magazines for $50 US. I reckon this is pretty good value. You also get the option to buy special limited run trains and go on trips. The only negative is that they send everything surface mail from Germany and it takes about three months to get here. I just wondered what other manufacturers clubs got and if they represented good value for money.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You get 4 magazines a year a wagon and a catalogue for £17.50 but the main reason for joining for me anyway was the special limited editions which appear to no longer be exclusive to members certainly not the later era ones

·
Registered
267 Posts
They did say in the previous magazine though that the limiteds won't be announced until they are in stock with Bachmann. So perhaps they will be some modern images stuff - They just havn't got it in yet.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Time will tell but there seems to be an emphasis on putting them out via selected retailers I have 2 of the modelzone ones on order

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (bangerblueed @ 5 Sep 2006, 16:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Time will tell but there seems to be an emphasis on putting them out via selected retailers I have 2 of the modelzone ones on order

Ah, but those aren't collectors' club models! They're exclusive L/Es from modelzone, commissioned by MZ. I'm going to guess you have the 108 and Peak on order...

No, I suppose Bachmann had the 9F on tap for a long time to allow it to be released alongside the main lot!

The modern L/Es will follow soon.

Regards,

CIG

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yes but there is also a 47 going out via the deltic preservation society and a few others I shall wait and see but I have a feeling nothing from the later eras will be offered this year

·
Registered
334 Posts
From what I have read they will be issuing limited editions exclusive to club members only. Most of the items mentioned in the recent magazine are limited editions for particular traders or societies and should not be confused with the club limited edition(s)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts