Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

Press release from Bachmann:

The Bachmann Collectors' Club OO gauge limited edition Class 37 locomotive No.37411'Caerphilly Castle / Castell Caerfifili' (Catalogue No 32-375K) has now sold out. The locomotive was named at a ceremony in Caerphilly by Arriva Trains Wales on 28th November 2005.

The limited edition locomotive was offered to Bachmann Collectors' Club members in the Autumn Collectors' Club magazine published a month ago. 504 models were released and each carried a numbered certificate.

The last remaining twenty models of the Jubilee Class 'Kolhapur' locomotives have also sold out. This locomotive was offered in the Spring 2008 issue of the magazine.

Further details of the Bachmann Collectors' Club can be found at www.bachmann-collectorsclub.com

Not sure why a loco selling out gets a press release. Perhaps it's to show how popular it was and to get people to join the club so they can get the next one. A great looking loco indeed. I'd love one on my layout. Too late for me though.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 11 Sep 2008, 19:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure why a loco selling out gets a press release. Perhaps it's to show how popular it was and to get people to join the club so they can get the next one. A great looking loco indeed. I'd love one on my layout. Too late for me though.

I have to say it sounds like banging your own drum to me.

Regards

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
A lot of club only locos sell out quickly. It seems to be another variation on the limited runs theme. The club isn't bad value really although I did let my subscription drop because of "economic considerations".

The press release is probably for publicity for the club.

They might want to consider doing an annual DVD like the Trix/Maerklin clubs do. That would get a bit of interest.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There was some doubt expressed in some quarters that because ViTrains had already done a limited edition of this loco that the Bachmann one wouldn't sell.

I got no. 191 and that was 2 weeks after release in August. So not only sold out, but sold out fast. I must admit I was hoping Bachmann would step in with this one, given that they'd done 37425 for Geoffrey Allinson's. For a change it was unexpected, immediately available, and it is a really nice model.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I haven't bothered renewing my subscription this year because in 3 years they have yet to produce a limited edition I have wanted mostly the interesting LE's are organisations like the modelzone where you don't have to be a member to buy one

A lot of the sales to club members are people who join to pick up items to resell on ebay at a big profit in the case of the 2-10-0 so if one ever came up that i wanted it would be available on ebay

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (paulrelf @ 15 Sep 2008, 19:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There was some doubt expressed in some quarters that because ViTrains had already done a limited edition of this loco that the Bachmann one wouldn't sell.

I got no. 191 and that was 2 weeks after release in August. So not only sold out, but sold out fast. I must admit I was hoping Bachmann would step in with this one, given that they'd done 37425 for Geoffrey Allinson's. For a change it was unexpected, immediately available, and it is a really nice model.

I was delighted when the Collectors Club did this one. I already have Geoffrey Allinson's 37425 and Bachmann's earlier 37419 in EWS livery. I now have a trilogy of Celebrity Class37/4's ... delighted!

As far as the Collectors Club is concerned I am a very satisfied member. My only complaint is that they have produced 5 limited editions over the last 2 years which I have felt compeled to buy! .... and there will be another one at the end of October!

Club membership at £17 is excellent value: magazine, calander, free catalgue and wagon ... great!

John H-T.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts