Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
Lets face it - Hornby & Bachmann know their markets, are in business to make money and do so.

At the end of the day we (as "serious" DCC'ers) are almost certainly in the minority as far as buyers go & therefore sales. As Dennis says "I wonder not. The price point that British modelers seem to require basically gives them what the deserve. In the US the DCC version is usually $100 over the DC version. You pay shit you get shit."

best regards
Brian

·
No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
[quote name='Gary' date='7 Sep 2006, 09:26' post='11779']
I was at the Warley Model Railway Club this week and the concensus was that the British railway modeller broadly does not need DCC as Brit layouts at home generally are small. There are hardly any British exhibition layouts operating with DCC according to the boys at Warley.

Not so - they need to look further than their annual overpriced, overcrowded, cannot be bothered to answer enquiries from prospective traders NEC show.

best regards
Brian.

·
No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
[quote name='Gary' date='7 Sep 2006, 19:43' post='11865']
Re: Warley

I do not represent Warley but I did chat with them about this very subject. My mission was to do with something else altogether. The answers are my own based on personal experience and my little chat.
The exceptional trade offers more than make up for the £2 or so extra entry fee and the NEC do charge an arm and a leg for the 3 days (1 day setting up). Shows 25% the size charge £6 so really Warley has to be good value on a pro rata basis.
Those who don't like crowds can always turn up on the Sunday however the traders exceptional trade offers are usually all gone by Saturday night so if your aim is to get a good deal on something then really it does have to be Saturday.

Personally, I am not interested in "special offers" - I go to see the layouts - it's the overall prices (including the catering) & the overcrowding I object to, and I can rarely go on a Sunday.

Unless traders drop out they seem fully booked until 2009. Warley do say on their website that traders are allowed in by "invitation only" and generally it seems that existing traders get first refusal and no one ever refuses!

Warley could still be decent enough to reply to e-mails, letters & phone calls !

best regards
Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.