Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I will buy that class 66, I'm a beginner, so I'll need to begin easy.

Maybe later I will buy another Class 66, but than I'll fit a SWD decoder myself. (or I'll ask my local shop to fit it for me
)

The only inportant thing for me is; it must work with the Roco LocMause 2, with 4 function keys.

·
Registered
61 Posts
QUOTE (Mark Thornton @ 8 Sep 2006, 00:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A motor also acts as a generator, BEMF refers to the voltage produced by the motor. A decoder using BEMF measures this voltage, which is proportional to the speed the motor is actually turning, and uses it to regulate the speed of the motor. If the BEMF drops, as when going up hill, the decoder will increase the power until the BEMF is restored to its previous value.

The DCC standard specifies both 2 byte and 4 byte addresses for selecting which decoder is the intended recipient of a message. Low end systems only support the 2 byte address form (and usually further restrict this to 1 to 99 to save on LED/LCD display digits).

Thanks!
My Roco lokMause uses a 2 digit adress system, with a maximum of 99 loco's/unit's with decoders.
That would be enough for me...I'll haven't got lots of space to park 99 loco's on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.