Crab 42765 has been purchased, out for a quick test drive and decoderised(?)
The Bachmann / Lenz 1014 will fit, once the weight has been removed from the front of the loco. However, it was not the easiest to dismantle, there are screws fore and aft, then the chasis has to be eased out. I managed to remove the boiler, then the metal frames and the cab. Putting it back again was a nightmare - the wires from the pickups kept on snagging, and the body pivotted around something. Fortunately, I got it all together by leaving the boiler off until last. The decoder was pushed to the front of the boiler and the wires were tucked in, then the boiler was replaced.
Unfortunately, the loco does suffer from losing the wieght from the front, not a lack of haulage, but the front wheels lose contact with the rails over some of my insulfrog points, requiring the 'great hand in the sky' to push the loco. I'll have to see that all the pickups are applying pressue to the backs of all the wheels and maybe ease off the screws holding the baseplate.
Overall, the loco runs very well on dc and DCC - the only change to the default settings was CV02 (start voltage), changed to value 3 to stop it doing 0-60 in 5 seconds!