Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Alan,

Just fitted LED's to a GNER 125. Used a bi-polar LED (Red and white) at each end. Problems I had was both ends were white then changed to both ends red when direction changed. CV's 49, 50, 51 and 52 cover the lighting. This is from memory as at work and no access to data sheets. If you set the appropriate CV to 0 for forward and then appropriate CV to 16 for operation when in reverse direction. Appriopriate CV is the CV to align with the colour of the lead Richard identified. Found the LED's were to bright so by adding 12 to the CV setting ie 0 becomes 12 and 16 becomes 28 this gave 50% brightness and looked much better and no longer makes the cab look like Blackpool illuminations. I do have a slight trace of red reflected in the window wiper, noticeable when there is little light in the room. I have found the TCS website very useful for information on CV settings.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.