Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
*** Hi Alan

Its usually a silky smooth loco so something is not right.

As I said earlier, shame you are not closer so I could take a look at it for you. replacing things like the loco PCB are not likely to be the real fix... there is so little there to go wrong anyway. You COULD try replacing both the coils with a bit of plain wire - they do B all under DCC anyway, being part of the loco's DC suppression circuit.

When U get the sound decoder back then if you like I will make you an offer I would not often want to repeat too often.

Because I'd like to learn what your problems were, if you bundle up the returned decoder, the lighting kit and the loco and post to me, I will professionally install them for you and fully configure the lighting for you for the cost of return postage plus $A20 which will cover consumables and probably replacement LEDs all round. This is less than 20% of the standard cost.

I make this offer ONLY as I am always curious about such problems and want learn why its let U down... and of course, to help.

If U want to go ahead PM me and I will send U my company address details. turnaround would be several weeks as I am reasonably snowed under (80 plus loco's on the shelf awaiting my attention!!) right now.

regards

Richard

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 10 Mar 2009, 06:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>*** Hi Alan

Its usually a silky smooth loco so something is not right.

As I said earlier, shame you are not closer so I could take a look at it for you. replacing things like the loco PCB are not likely to be the real fix... there is so little there to go wrong anyway. You COULD try replacing both the coils with a bit of plain wire - they do B all under DCC anyway, being part of the loco's DC suppression circuit.

When U get the sound decoder back then if you like I will make you an offer I would not often want to repeat too often.

Because I'd like to learn what your problems were, if you bundle up the returned decoder, the lighting kit and the loco and post to me, I will professionally install them for you and fully configure the lighting for you for the cost of return postage plus $A20 which will cover consumables and probably replacement LEDs all round. This is less than 20% of the standard cost.

I make this offer ONLY as I am always curious about such problems and want learn why its let U down... and of course, to help.

If U want to go ahead PM me and I will send U my company address details. turnaround would be several weeks as I am reasonably snowed under (80 plus loco's on the shelf awaiting my attention!!) right now.

regards

Richard

Hi Richard.

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the very kind offer.
I appreciate it. It's people like you who make forums a good place to get help. I have decided to snip the wires to the lights and will have it with no lights.

The manufacturer has offered me the chance to purchase a new replacement for 30% of full cost. Considering I made a right mess of installing the lights and frying the sound chip I think this is quite a good deal. I also ordered a new PCB from Bachmann as they said it could be the problems to it not running smooth. Oh, the PCB arrived this morning and although I stated the 8pin board, they have sent me the wrong one. Why don't people read what's requested? So I will phone Bachmann in the morning to get it sorted. I should also have the new sound chip tomorrow as well.

I'll let you know how I get on when I have the parts.....

cheers
Alan

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.