Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hi Thomas
The newer bachmann diesel loco's have been causing a few debates recently regards running qualities but I have to say mine seem alright. The DCC equipped ones or one at the moment (class 25) has the decoder integral with the printed circuit board rather than a seperate plug-in type. Again the one i have seems OK but hasn't seen a great deal of use. I presume the new releases this year will follow the same pattern.

·
Registered
763 Posts
One of my first loco's was the class 24. A very weighty loco for its size and whilst not having a ligtning fast top end speed is good at slow speeds.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Someone on one of the other forums was moaning about the qualitycontrol(or lack) of the limited edition class 66's, said he had 3 different ones and all had one fault or another.

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE (bangerblueed @ 18 Apr 2006, 17:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just out of interest does it have output functions to enable the fitting of lighting kits
I honestly couldn't say if it has. The only time I took the top off was to see which was pin 1 so I could fit a decoder into one of my other class 25s that was when I found that the decoder was integral with the pcb. I know you can get drop in decoders to replace this type so maybe you could upgrade to one of those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts