Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been using my dynamis on my layout and it works perfectly in a brick shed with 4ft across to the furthest track and anywhere round the circuit and sidings. The only thing I do find is that I am having problems trying to get one of my 66's to move from factory setting 3 to another setting. Everytime I have tried and thought I had done it I have gone to test it and nothing but when I click back onto setting 3 the loco springs to life.

The decoder I am using is the digitrax dz125in in which I have another low emission class 66 and have another decoder of the same model installed and have been able to get to change from factory setting no problem.

I have followed the limited instructions booklet and still nothing.

Not only that there is still no news on when the Pro unit is going to be released so that I can read the decoders. Does Bachmann have any idea on when it is going to be released as there has been nothing in the press and the only thing I have heard is from the jungle drums on which I don't rely on.

COME ON BACHMANN release the rest of the kit so we can use the Dynamis properly.

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 22 May 2008, 18:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I've been using my dynamis on my layout and it works perfectly in a brick shed with 4ft across to the furthest track and anywhere round the circuit and sidings. The only thing I do find is that I am having problems trying to get one of my 66's to move from factory setting 3 to another setting. Everytime I have tried and thought I had done it I have gone to test it and nothing but when I click back onto setting 3 the loco springs to life.

The decoder I am using is the digitrax dz125in in which I have another low emission class 66 and have another decoder of the same model installed and have been able to get to change from factory setting no problem.

I have followed the limited instructions booklet and still nothing.

Not only that there is still no news on when the Pro unit is going to be released so that I can read the decoders. Does Bachmann have any idea on when it is going to be released as there has been nothing in the press and the only thing I have heard is from the jungle drums on which I don't rely on.

COME ON BACHMANN release the rest of the kit so we can use the Dynamis properly.

Given that some programme and some don't, I really do suspect its logical to look at the digitrax decoders and not the Dynamis as the source of the problem: Frankly digitrax makes Ok controllers but I do not rate their decoders at all.

I've seen many problems with them, the worst being regular attacks of alzheimers, where they forget their settings.

That is one of the things that makes me not stock digitrax decoders at all and led me towards TCS some years ago, and since I changed to the TCS M1 for all limited space installs, I've not had that sort of problem ever.

Richard
DCCconcepts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I tried over and over again with no success on programming using maintrack and so I decided to try programming on program service track and the loco has been moved from the factory setting of 3 to another setting. Goodness knows why it didn't work on the maintrack setting but at least it's done now.

Thanks for your help richard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts