Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE No 'phone-pad' keypad. How similar to the EcoS does this look? ESU Redesign perhaps? I wonder who they consult when designing units like this? Do they ask DCC experts what they would like...?
Maybe it's an abandoned ESU design which Bachmann took over?

QUOTE If that key thing is a throttle - I'd like Bachmann to explain their logic before they build it. How is it going to work? Remember that you may be controlling more than one loco at a time - both running at different speeds - and switching between them... When you switch from one to the other what is going to happen to the speed of the loco if the toggle knob is in the wrong position? Please learn from the failings of the ZTC system. The Ecos has two toggles. There main function is for accessory control e.g cranes and things. Maybe the designers had this in mind?

At least it has twenty function which is up to date. I wonder if it has touch screen like the Ecos? Only one control knob isn't good. Someone, maybe on the other thread, said you could connect the points direct to it without having to buty point decoders. Thats pretty good.

More info would be good.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 5 Dec 2006, 18:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It certainly would.

However - a suggestion :
Let's all wait & see what it actually does (or does not do) before we start a speculative flaming thread "a la Hornby Select". By all means discuss what. we would like to see or comment on it's looks. Personally, I don't like the look of it or the layout of the buttons.
agreed

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Oakydoke @ 5 Dec 2006, 20:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Apparently we won't have to wait long as the launch is scheduled for the London Toy Fair next month.
Deliveries to the shops are reported to be not far behind, March/April .

It does look very ESU 'ish ?
I suspect that it's a touch screen so maybe the key pad and throttles are on there?
Could the suprise features include wireless handsets?

Personally I think it's better looking than the Toys 'R Us Hornby systems.

Exciting times.

It does look quite good. Peter described the Hornby effort as Fisher Price. It actually does look a bit like a Fisher Price telephone my two year old has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.