Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
A modern user interface is the next step up for DCC.

Established manufacturers have been slow to update their systems in this regard.

Lenz have provided it on the Roco MultiMaus, but we've yet to see what they have planned for their next generation systems and controllers.

It seems the Dynamis will do all a £250 system will do as well!

I can't wait!

·
Registered
697 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 26 Jan 2007, 19:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the whole Dynamis system is £90 then it is an absolute bargain. .........The wireless technology seems to be associated with a Pro package and that price has yet to be revealed so the actual package with everything may be more. Does anybody know any different on this?

Happy modelling
Gary
No, the Dynamis handset/console is Wireless. The Pro enables you to add another 3 similar handsets to make a total of 4.
Add another wireless module and there is scope for further 4. At least that's the way it reads to me?

The Pro also allows you to connect up to 128 devices which may include further wired handets.

£90 rrp may end up as £75 at the store?
As we don't know how much a Dynamis Pro will cost, or a Pro box, my guess is that the announced price is a marketing device to stall potential buyers from opting for the Hornby Elite when it arrives sometime this spring???

·
Registered
697 Posts
2.4 Ghz is the allocated band for most WiFi kit.
That not only includes wireless networks but TV senders that transmit TV pictures around the house, streaming audio devices that distribute internet radio, PC music files, iPod or Mp3 around the home.

I've not had a problem with multiple systems in operation; well so far!

Are DECT phones on this too?

·
Registered
697 Posts
QUOTE Mind you as good and reliable as it is I'd sell for a Zimo unit , 5 digit addressing

What advantage is there to having 5 digit addressing?

Other than enabing you to address more locos and devices (do you really need that many?), I can't think of any other reason?

If it's to choose an address that corresponds with a loco number, then that's now surpased by the availability of systems with a loco naming feature.
You can input whatever alpha-numeric name you like, subject to the number of characters available.
e.g. the Hornby Select allows 8 characters, the Bachmann Dynamis 12 characters and the Roco MultiMaus 5 characters. There are other systems with this feature too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.