Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
My Wangrow System One which is 10 yrs old can handle 6 locos at one time on one throttle, you can daisy chain 24 throttles but you need two boosters, has 9999 loco addresses , 1015 accessory addresses with macros, PC interface, wireless through CVP, can read/write on the main and prog track and is upgradeable via the eprom change out. The only thing it can't do is use the the extra 6 functions that have come about in the last couple of years. Hornby have a lot of catching up to do. Mind you as good and reliable as it is I'd sell for a Zimo unit , 5 digit addressing

Ozzie21

QUOTE (Gary @ 28 Jan 2007, 15:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Elite does enable you to control the speed of 2 independent locomotives concurently and definitely has 4 digit addressing and can definitely read addresses as well as write.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Yes that's fine but when you have numerous locos, like 7 A-1's, 15black fives, and so on 5 digit addressing comes into it's own. Names are fine but like all things you can run out of characters.
Ozzie 21

QUOTE (Oakydoke @ 29 Jan 2007, 01:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What advantage is there to having 5 digit addressing?

Other than enabing you to address more locos and devices (do you really need that many?), I can't think of any other reason?

If it's to choose an address that corresponds with a loco number, then that's now surpased by the availability of systems with a loco naming feature.
You can input whatever alpha-numeric name you like, subject to the number of characters available.
e.g. the Hornby Select allows 8 characters, the Bachmann Dynamis 12 characters and the Roco MultiMaus 5 characters. There are other systems with this feature too.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Each throttle can control up to six locos at one time as it remembers the last six requested. Sure your fingers can do a dance but can get quite adept at it.

Ozzie21

QUOTE (Mark Thornton @ 28 Jan 2007, 22:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gary means the Elite has two knobs which you could use (left and right hands) to simultaneously change the speed of two locos. I don't think your system has 6 knobs (or that you have the appropriate number of hands either).

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Yes I quite like that feature as well. A DCC version of AWS without the siren.

Ozzie21

QUOTE (dwb @ 28 Jan 2007, 23:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>>I'd sell for a Zimo unit
The Zimo feature I like is the track side units which transmit speed information to the locos so that if you go past a caution signal for example, the loco will respond and slow down.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.