Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Bachmann America has introduced HO scale nickel silver HO scale E-Z Command® DCC points (turnouts). With these decoder-equipped E-Z Track® points, modellers can incorporate digital switching control into their DCC layouts with quick installation and easy programming and operation. These compliment the range of nickel silver track sections with the grey in-built track bed.

Features include:
• DCC or manual operation*
• conforms to all applicable NMRA standards
• Compatible with all NMRA-compliant DCC systems
• Quick, easy installation and programming
• no special wiring or control boxes needed
• nickel silver rail and connectors
• electrically wired frogs
• clear sleeper (tie) spacing
• low-profile spike (rail fastners) heads
• modelled from AAR track engineering dimensions
*not designed for DC-powered layouts

The DCC points available are:

E-Z Command® DCC Turnout - Left
Item No. 44130
£25.25

E-Z Command® DCC Turnout - Right
Item No. 44131
£25.25

E-Z Command® DCC #5 Turnout - Left
Item No. 44132
£31.60 (not yet in stock)

E-Z Command® DCC #5 Turnout - Right
Item No. 44133
£31.60 (not yet in stock)

E-Z Command® DCC #5 Wye Turnout
Item No. 44134
£31.60

E-Z Command® DCC #6 Turnout - Left
Item No. 44135
£33.20

E-Z Command® DCC #6 Turnout - Right
Item No. 44136
£33.20

E-Z Command® DCC #6 Single Crossover Turnout - Left
Item No. 44137
£42.10

E-Z Command® DCC #6 Single Crossover Turnout - Right
Item No. 44138
£42.10

These items can be ordered through any Bachmann dealer

·
Registered
182 Posts
These look really nice, especially the crossover pack shown.

Would I be right in thinking that Bachmann EZ Trak is not code 100 though?

It is odd really that Bachmann Uk/Europe have given little more than a passing nod to the US EZ TRack System, I would have thought that , properly marketed, there would be some considerable UK/European interest in this track system.

Regards
Ashley

·
Registered
149 Posts
just wondering if they can be connected to (oo scale track). " hornby " , they would be handy with the built-in decoder.

john

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE just wondering if they can be connected to (oo scale track). " hornby " , they would be handy with the built-in decoder.

The built in track base will lift the rail height a lot further off the baseboard than non track base systems such as Hornby's. I think that might create more problems than it solves.

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 23 Apr 2008, 04:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The built in track base will lift the rail height a lot further off the baseboard than non track base systems such as Hornby's. I think that might create more problems than it solves.

David
I'm not a big fan of built in track bases. You get this a lot with Continental track. If it's the same track base that comes with the Underground Ernie set then it's to be avoided at all costs as it's very brittle and breakable.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 23 Apr 2008, 00:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it's the same track base that comes with the Underground Ernie set then it's to be avoided at all costs as it's very brittle and breakable.
I would have thought that the track in the UE sets would have been of a robust nature.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 23 Apr 2008, 16:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would have thought that the track in the UE sets would have been of a robust nature.
yeah, you would have thought so given the end user of the product but when I got an extension track pack a couple of bits had broke in the post. It's that brittle sort of plastic they used for it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
QUOTE (john g @ 22 Apr 2008, 17:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just wondering if they can be connected to (oo scale track). " hornby " , they would be handy with the built-in decoder.

john

I seem to remember joining some up to standard Hornby track a few years ago and it joined up ok so I assume it is code 100 rail, but you will need to raise Hornby track up considerably to meet with it. It reminds me of a code 100 version of the early Triang 'Standard' track of the 1960's, and their clips proved brittle as well!
Regards
David

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
This isn't a new concept , there's another American track maker producing turnouts with decoders. It's a good concept, with the right track. I wonder how long it's gona take the Traditionalists situated on the south coast to find out something new has hit these shores. The only time they have moved quickly in the last 20 years was to try and ban Internet advertising in their magazine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
neil they are the ones with the lug at the ends. they are ho scale track only. i got a picture of bachmanns american site, it looks the same as the underground ernie track. as the small picture on bachmanns site was small.

hope this helps

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (john g @ 1 May 2008, 00:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it looks the same as the underground ernie track

As I remember when Bachmann announced the Underground Ernie range it was stated that the track supplied wasE-Z track. Unfortunately I can't locate the topic at this point in time.

Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts