Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have been waiting patiently for the Fairburn tank in order to complete my collection. So I asked Bachmann when it would be available, given last years catalogue suggests Q4 2005.
Info received from Bachmann:

Many thanks for your email.

The tooling for the Fairburn tanks has been completed and we await production slots. The Class 108 is now on the production line and we expect the Fairburn's to follow them. The 9Fs are being shipped to us.

The Fairburn should be in the shops around August.

Dennis Lovett
Public Relations Manager
So, nearly 1 year late...

·
Registered
139 Posts
QUOTE "Words out there in parts of model shop land at the moment seem to hint at potentially short supplies of the initial 9F batches especially the Evening Star which are said to be due right at the end of May. The issue with Evening Star appears to relate to nameplate supply.

If you are serious about wanting one I would suggest it prudent to reserve one if you can as it sounds like there won't be much to go around after the first deliveries.

If this is true 92220 is a prime candidate for inflated after market prices.

I don't wish this to sound like scare-mongering at all but purely passing on info if you want to beat the collectors to it. And before this spreads insidiously around it is only intended as a helpful comment to those eagerly waiting."

I got this quote from another forum, sounds about right, lots of individuals profiteering on Ebay
, though it is good news that the 108 and fairburn are on the last leg although one year late
, I wonder how long were gonna have to wait for the new re-tooled 37's

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing that bugs me is that they seem good at predicting the "special editions", like those for ModelZone, and delivering those on time, but their own catalog of models seems to be left at the bottom of the priority list.

·
Registered
763 Posts
The modelzone peak was carried over from the original tooling with the seamless bonnet so was given priority to make up for the delay. According to the Ramsays listing for it it should've been out early last year not this. Bearing in mind it would have to be really early as the book came out in about February last year.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Had a look at the Bachmann site last night and the Fairburn release date has fallen back to October, so being Bachmann it will probably be Christmas, no surprises there

·
Registered
267 Posts
The HHAs were scheduled for August time as well and guess what they have fallen back to October / November time after just having a look. Come on Bachmann it can't take that long to produce 2 wagons ... can it?

D'oh!

Think the 2009 calender might be required soon ...

·
Registered
139 Posts
It really is amazing that here we are halfway through 2006 and still waiting for so much from their 2004/2005 catalogues
so much so it's gone beyond the joke now
, they really need to sort their s**t out

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I see from Bachmanns website that they have their first date posted for a digital sound loco. The class 66 is due oct/nov which is a bit disappointing. I was hoping for one this summer.

What does seem ok is that they are only adding on 12 quid for a dcc decoder already installed but as some others have said, how good is the decoder going to be.

I have one of Bachmanns German efforts, Lilliput and it has a Lokpilot decoder which is very good. But Bachmann have been selling the cheap Lenz decoders and it may be these they are installing. The ones I bought weren't too good.

Coming back to the dig sound class 66, if this gets pushed back as it seems from this thread it may well be, it could be next year before we see one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 27 May 2006, 05:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see from Bachmanns website that they have their first date posted for a digital sound loco. The class 66 is due oct/nov which is a bit disappointing. I was hoping for one this summer.

Well, it may arrive in time for the Australian summer!

Still, it is a shame that Bachmann keep on pushing things back- the problem is that Bachmann do too much across the board, whilst their one factory supplies ALL their ranges (Continental, US, Chinese, Brass, British and others), so delays are apparent as products get shifted up and down the production scheme. Perhaps anticipated demand for a model leads to delay time?

RM

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
The Fairbum tanks are now listed in the "due this month" page with a date of October. They weren't on the list last week before Friday's update - I've been checking.

David

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Hattons are now listing the Fairburns on their "New this month page". It looks like they've arrived!

David

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
They are in stock I ordered one this afternoon. A very suprising low publicity release from Bachmann. Remind me whats their Christmas/Warley release this year ?

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>They are in stock I ordered one this afternoon.
I would be interested learn how your DCC conversion goes

David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts