Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While on a trip to UK recently I couldn't resist buying the new N 45611 Hong Kong. There is a bag of bits with it: a tender wheel set without tyres, pipes for fore & aft and - ? a complete front bogie with larger wheels - why? and what are the four other plastic mouldings for? Who can clear me up? (Doors and drain cocks would have been nice.)
Incidentally, removing one axle with wheels with tyres for one without tyres is a bit of a joke, I reckon then it wouldn't pull itself up an incline. I have removed the DCC plug and soldered a decoder in, the space saved is filled with lead. In all I mangaed to increase the weight of the tender by about 50%. A cast tender would have been better.
Norm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Edwin, I didn't get "one of these", so thanks for the link.
34C, so the wheels on it are not scale? And instead of adding scale wheels, they give you a complete bogie with coupling? That's service! but then again, shouldn't the tender wheels be spoked? OK, so you can't see 'em anyway.
Norm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.