Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have four HHAs on my small layout, and was planning on at least another four; and then later on, another eight (to represent empties for the return journey).

So there's 16 right off. If I had a larger layout I'd certainly be looking at twice that number.

Yet another nice modern wagon from Bachmann, too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Gary, yep, my ultimate plan is to run proper "services," so, if a full coal train goes one way, then an empty one comes back in the opposite direction at some time. That's the idea, anyhow.

However, I checked on my layout last night, my arithmetic (eyesight?) is a bit wrong, I'm probably going to have to content myself with 6 wagons to represent my imaginary train (12 in all)....Ah well. One day.

It will be 8 x 2 = 16 JGAs, though. They're nifty little wagons, too.

On the prototype, well, I'm not an expert by any means, but real 66s haul 102 tonne HTAs 19 at a time, don't they? - I can see them on my local lines, or if I trouble to go to Avonmouth and look.

I don't know a 66's power limits, but I wouldn't have thought they were slackards. Any knowledegable enthusiast care to comment?

·
Registered
101 Posts
QUOTE (Tonyperks @ 16 Feb 2007, 17:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i know its not heavy haul but an EWS train pulling out of chipping sodbury loop after being recessed to allow a sprinter and an Hst set pass.tonys pics Well chuffed ive never been able to make this work before, just look at the detail for us modellers loads of clutter

Nice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts