Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me. I have an old Mainline Manor Class loco that I aquired second-hand a while ago. It is fitted with a ringfield motor and runs very badly. I'm thinking of replacing the chassis and looking at the service sheets on the Bachmann site, it would appear that the Hall and Manor chassis are the same (or very similar), the Hall being the only one of the pair listed. Does anyone know if the Hall chassis will actually fit the Manor body? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (Geoff B @ 13 Jun 2008, 16:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me. I have an old Mainline Manor Class loco that I aquired second-hand a while ago. It is fitted with a ringfield motor and runs very badly. I'm thinking of replacing the chassis and looking at the service sheets on the Bachmann site, it would appear that the Hall and Manor chassis are the same (or very similar), the Hall being the only one of the pair listed. Does anyone know if the Hall chassis will actually fit the Manor body? Thanks in advance.

Try the bachmann site which has very good downloads. The mainline chassis is different but you will get an idea from the bachmann service sheets. I haven't been able to get any service sheets for mainline but will post a link if i get one

Here's the link to the bachmann site

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/dloads/assmbly.php4

regards

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
QUOTE (Geoff B @ 13 Jun 2008, 17:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me. I have an old Mainline Manor Class loco that I aquired second-hand a while ago. It is fitted with a ringfield motor and runs very badly. I'm thinking of replacing the chassis and looking at the service sheets on the Bachmann site, it would appear that the Hall and Manor chassis are the same (or very similar), the Hall being the only one of the pair listed. Does anyone know if the Hall chassis will actually fit the Manor body? Thanks in advance.

Hi Geoff and welcome to the forum

Sorry but the Hall is a slightly larger loco than the Manor with larger driving wheels so a swap is not likley to fit, however if you attend a few swapmeets you may be able to find a dealer who still has a Bachmann Manor chassis.

What is wrong with your mainline chassis exactly as I have one in which the little axels the gear train mount on have snapped so I replaced the chassis with a Bachmann, however I've found that it doesen't have the haulage it had with the original Mainline chassis.

Andii

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (5696Arethusa @ 13 Jun 2008, 20:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Geoff and welcome to the forum

Sorry but the Hall is a slightly larger loco than the Manor with larger driving wheels so a swap is not likley to fit, however if you attend a few swapmeets you may be able to find a dealer who still has a Bachmann Manor chassis.

What is wrong with your mainline chassis exactly as I have one in which the little axels the gear train mount on have snapped so I replaced the chassis with a Bachmann, however I've found that it doesen't have the haulage it had with the original Mainline chassis.

Andii

Thus spoke Arethusa

Was the bachmann a second hand one in which case the motor might have been weak due to a weak magnet ????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts